Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Living in Paris

What I like: Mom takes me everywhere, either on the leash or in the stroller.  If I'm not allowed in, she doesn't go either.

What Mom likes: the architecture of different styles according to the period or the region in which they were built.


What I like: the smells that are everywhere - lamp-posts, walls, sidewalks, garbage bags, markets...

What Mom likes: the food - rabbit in mustard sauce, frog's legs in garlic sauce, veal in cream sauce, duck and garlic fried potatoes, creme brulee, raspberry tarts, croissants, millefeuille...

What I like: the attention I get riding around in the stroller, the cooing comments from the French dog lovers.

What Mom likes: the night.  The city is a-light, the streets are alive, the in-line skaters are amazing the onlookers, the bateau mouches are plying the current upstream on the Seine, lighting up the great buildings and monuments with their searchlights, the narrow alleys are bubbling over with excitement, music, exotic window displays...

What I like: meeting French dogs who give you the petit bonjour.

What Mom likes: learning new French words and improving her fluency.

What I like: tasting new French dog treats

What we both like: being together in the most beautiful, exciting city in the world!





1 comment: