Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

On the Way...

 Strollering around Paris a dog can see many things he's never seen before.  Here are a few of them:

I'm sitting on Pont Neuf, which means "New Bridge" but it's actually the oldest bridge in Paris.  It spans the part of the Seine that leads from the Left Bank to Isle de la Cite where you can see Notre Dame in the background.

This is one of the "working barges" or peniches that carry goods up and down the river.  Many of them are now used for homes or tourism.




We saw tents being set up on the parvis in front of Notre Dame for a "Fete de Pain," a bread fair, that would be held on the week-end.
French bread - mmm.  French pastry - mmm-mmm-mmm-mmm-mmm!




Hey, are you guys for real?


In the background is the Pompidou Centre, a modern art museum that is inside-out.  All the ducts for heating, cooling, etc., are on the outside.  An escalator goes up the side of the building to the entrance.  Just behind me is the Stravinsky fountain with its whimsical characters that spray water.  Unfortunately, it wasn't working the day we were there.
                                                                  
                                                               
Raspberry tarts... strawberry cream cake...tarte tatin...oh, my!  If only the glass wasn't between me and the patisseries!                                                              










We stopped at this church when we heard a beautiful soprano voice coming from inside.  Someone was practicing for a concert, so we sat and listened for a while.  Even dogs can appreciate the acoustics in a cathedral. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patch, We are really enjoying your comments and the pictures. Are you going to go to the bread fair this weekend? Momma loved the colorful Stravinsky fountain and was once again wishing that we were there with you so we could see, smell and taste everything with you :-)

    ReplyDelete