Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No Bone

When Mom said we were going to visit a cemetery, my first thought was BONES!  But when we got there there were no bones visible, only stone slabs and small houses.  What a disappointment!  Mom took some pictures, though, so she must have liked it.  Everything was packed together very tightly, so there was hardly room to walk through these monuments.  Some were very old and had moss growing on them and others were more recent with shiny surfaces.  Many of them had whole families buried together.  We visited the grave of Edouard Manet, the father of modern painting, where I had my picture taken.  I'm all zipped up in my poussette because Mom had to promise not to let me out in the cemetery.  We also saw the grave of Claude Debussy and Cognac-Jay who was a very rich entrepreneur and whose house is now a museum here in Paris.
Afterward, Mom's friends went to the Museum of Architecture which is an amazing collection of life-sized models of the facades of many of the cathedrales, hotel de villes, and other notable buildings all around France.  Mom has already been there, so when we were not allowed to come in, we went shopping in an area called Passy, which has very upscale  clothing boutiques.  All she wanted was a T-shirt, but the Parisians are very diet-conscious and small to begin with, so most of what she looked at was too small.  Sizes in France are a little discouraging to begin with for an American woman - Mom does not like to ask for a size 46!
Our Metro ride home was long and hot.  I don't mind the noise or the crowds, but, being brachycephalic, the heat does get to me.  Mom has a hard time with the poussette and all the stairs, too, so we try to avoid the Metro if we can.















No comments:

Post a Comment