Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Home Alone

Today I didn't get out much. Mom decided that she wanted to watch the royal wedding, as long as she was over here in pretty much the same time zone. I tried to take a nap, but I was continuously interrupted with Mom's running commentary on what the invited guests (all 1900 of them) were wearing, especially the ladies' hats. The t.v. commentator said that hats were not obligatory, but were traditional and everyone was wearing one except - guess who? The wife of the Prime Minister! Will questions be asked about the reason for not wearing a hat? Will it become a political issue? A crisis of state? Only humans would even care. Mom said not to write in my blog what she said about the princesses Eugenie and Beatrice (you know, Fergie's daughters) who were wearing the most bizarre hats imaginable. Let's just say that they stood out from the crowd and not in a good way.

Mom has been leaving me in my crate for longer periods of time each day while she goes out without me. The first time she just went down to the corner for a take-out crepe for lunch, but I didn't know if she was going to come back. I barked and barked the entire time she was gone (7 minutes) and not just little woofs, but loud, desperate, panicky barks. When she did come back and let me out, I went crazy with joy! I raced around the apartment, through all the rooms, under the furniture, sliding across the floor into walls until I was exhausted and panting! I was SO happy to see her - I thought I'd been abandoned forever. The next day she left me for a little longer, but this time I didn't bark. I was pretty sure she'd come back, and she did! This time I raced around, too, but not quite so hysterically. Just enough to show her I was really glad to see her. Well, today she left me for an hour and a half. She told me that she worried about me the whole time she was gone. I'm not real good with time, so I don't know what an hour and a half means, but I was much calmer than the first time when she was gone 7 minutes. She told me I had to get used to staying alone sometimes, because tomorrow she's going to the ballet, Romeo and Juliet, and she'll have to be gone about three hours. I guess that even though Paris is really dog-friendly, we still can't go to the ballet. Sniff! I don't care to see men in tights, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Patch, Wow, alone in Paris! When you bark, do you have a french accent yet? We saw the replay of the wedding. We noticed one thing missing. Where were the royal dogs?? There were plenty of horses invited, but no dogs?? That's just not right! Then again, they probably would have had to wear a silly hat. Teddy and Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me get this straight you traveled many, many miles under an airplane seat so you and your momma could experience Paris together and what do you get? HOUSE ARREST SO YOUR MOMMA CAN GO TO THE BALLET without you!!!!! If dogs are not allowed at the ballet then your momma should boycott them.

    Maybe you should poop in the crate and roll around in it really good so when she gets back she has to spend time cleaning you up. That would teach her.

    ReplyDelete