Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Today

I was bad today. I was not as bad as the other dog in the restaurant, however. When Mom stopped for lunch after a long walk to Monoprix to get supplies, I have to admit that, even though she fed me first and gave me water, I really, really wanted to get out of my poussette and help her with what she was having. I kept trying to crawl out over the edge and she had to keep putting me back in and say "NON!" She told the little girl next to us that I was being "mechant" (naughty). Her Mom said, "Il a l'aire." We think that means, "He has that look." I take exception to that! I think I look very innocent. Anyway, there was another dog that we couldn't see who was VERY mechant! He was ear-splittingly vocal in his begging for food. His mom offered to leave, but the waiter assured her it wasn't a problem. My mom was very glad she wasn't his mom.

The walk we went on was initially to find a vet so Mom could buy me some of my hypo-allergenic food, but when we got there it was closed. So we continued on to Monoprix, crossing over the long park called Champs de Mars that stretches from the Eiffel Tower to the military academy. We stopped there for awhile to sit on the grass in the sun and people-and-dog-watch.
















 A very forward terrier came running up to me to give a petit bonjour but I didn't think he was being very polite about it, so I told him so and he ran off. We don't think he was with his mom because he just ran all around alone making trouble with every dog he saw. We also saw a yellow lab, a small white dog with an injured leg that was bandaged, a Manchester terrier, a Havanese, another black and white shih tzu who wore his hair longer than mine, and two beautifully groomed shih tzu who looked like my pals Teddy and Casey!

Since the vet was closed and I'm down to my last half can of prescription dog food, Mom bought some salmon, peas, beans and rice at the store, so I get home-cooked food until we can find a vet that's open. mmm-mmm!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Patch, It sounds like you are having a real good time and becoming quite bilingual. Dining in real restaurants! We're lucky to be in the car when the folks go through the the drive-in. You are getting to explore the city and sniff out the locals. That home-cooked dinner sounds better than any canned stuff. Maybe your mom won't be able to find that stuff and you'll be eating good for a while. Thanks for the well groomed shout out. (Mom hasn't posted any pics of us since she started doing our grooming herself....yikes!) Look forward to your next post. Teddy and Casey

    ReplyDelete