Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

CRASH

Disaster struck!  I lost my wheels!  Mom hit a pothole and the front wheel of the poussette bent backwards.  Fortunately we were close to home because I had to walk the rest of the way while Mom dragged the poussette behind her on its rear wheels.  When we got home she tried to bend it forward, but the metal shaft broke in two.  Bummer!  Mom's options were to leave me home unless we were only going a short way or to order another poussette online and have it delivered to General Delivery at the Post Office.  Since we're going to be here for over a month yet, she decided to order a new one.  The method of delivery is still undecided because the fastest way is to have it shipped UPS Worldwide, but since we're renting an apartment with an entry code, she's not sure how to accept delivery.  More research.  So I didn't get to go to the Antiquities Fair - had to stay home and take up my position at the door. When Mom came home she was excited because she had spotted another cat - Monsieur Chat - high on the side of the building.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! A broken poussette! You better keep an eye on your mom, Patch. (You know how people's driving skills suffer as they age.)

    We are enjoying the pictures of Monsieur Chat! It's too bad he's not orange.

    ~Luther & Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't your momma find someone who can weld on a new metal shaft as it would be cheaper than getting a new stroller? Daddy suggests that you take the stroller, shaft and wheel to a bicycle shop and see if they can fix it. He says you should have no problems finding someone who could repair it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More ideas on fixing the stroller:

    If the bicycle shop can not fix it, possibly an auto repair place or even some other business that does welding.

    If none of these pan out then measure the basket that Patch sits in and go to the nearest store that sells human strollers. Maybe you can buy one of these and switch out the baskets.

    ReplyDelete