Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pedicure de Poisson

Here I am.  Waiting.  As I always wait when Mom is away.  The only thing that's different this time is that Auntie Sue is here to take a picture of me.  No matter how long Mom is gone, I'm always in this spot, waiting.  I don't eat.  I don't drink.  So when Mom finally comes home the second thing I do is to race to the water bowl and take a long drink.The first thing I do is to race manically around the house with my bunny because I'm so glad to see her.

This time she was gone off to get a pedicure de poisson - no, that's not a poison pedicure, that's a FISH pedicure! Mom saw this little "fish spa" on one of our walks and remembered that she had heard about this on the news back home, so, of course, HAD to experience it.  These are tiny ruffa fish which don't, thank heaven, have teeth, but do clean the dead skin off of feet by sucking it off.  Mom put her feet into a tank of warmish water and the little fish swarmed over and started work.  She said it felt like soaking her feet in champagne!  The sucking action of the fish felt like effervescent bubbles as a sort of tingling sensation.  They did this for about 45 minutes and although they weren't up to the job of smoothing hardened callouses, her feet did feel smoother afterward.  She said it was a very pleasant experience!  You can see it here, just copy and paste this URL:

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x313/sharonlbrune/?action=view&current=fish009.mp4


This is the front of the Fish Spa.












Auntie Virginia left on Saturday to go on a tour around the country of France.  We'll miss her a lot.  She loved me and would take me for a walk when Mom wasn't able to.  I think she'll miss me, too.  We wish her good travels!


1 comment:

  1. BOL, BOL, that ssure is a LONG scroll to the bottom of your blog. This is something that my momma would have done and then not be able to fix.

    Momma says she wants to try the fish pedicure. Can you get your momma to fishnap some of the fish and overnight express them to her?

    ReplyDelete