Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Les Chiens de Paris

Today on our walk Mom decided she'd photograph all the dogs we encountered.  It turned out to be more challenging than she thought because by the time she stopped and asked permission from the dog's human, the dog itself would abandon its photogenic posture and want to come over and greet me.  Considering my Attitude toward other dogs, this usually led to apologies, a quick camera shot and an even quicker exit.  These are the dogs we met - these are NOT the way they looked as we approached.  (Except for the yellow lab, whose mom said he always lies down flat when he sees a smaller dog because he wants to play.  Of course, I did NOT.)



This man was sitting having his espresso and cigarette with a rather sullen look on his face.  Mom said, "Excusez-moi..." and the sullenness turned to suspicion.  Then she finished by asking if she could photograph his dog and his face lit up with delight.









This little Yorkie was nestled under the table while his mom had just started on her omelette.  Mom apologized for bothering her and asked if she could take a picture of her dog.  She not only agreed, but lifted it from its photogenic position and held it up in front of her for its photo.





 No, he's not tired, he has flattened himself out because he didn't want to scare me out of playing with him because he was bigger than me.  Didn't work.



 Can you see this little guy with the big ears behind his mom's boots?




 These two were a little double ball of dozing fur until they saw me.  Suddenly they became attack dogs.


I told him I didn't want to exchange the petit bonjour and he took offense.  Here he is barking at Mom.




This hairy beast was the last straw.  I had to really lose my temper this time.  Mom had to apologize twice and hurry off home, which was right next door.  His name was Eiffel, pronounced Ef-fel, after the tower.  Guess he had a Napoleon complex.







And here I am in one of the ubiquitous green chairs of the jardin du Luxembourg, surveying my surroundings like the prince I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Prince....I mean Patch, There are some cute dogs in Paris, but you are definitely the best looking! What was with the two on the cement seat? Boy for little guys, they looked really MEAN! Talk about the evil-eye!!! Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making new friends can be challenging at times, but I wouldn't be surprised if you write one of these days that you found someone "special" to share your charms with, and I'm not talking about a human, mind you.

    ReplyDelete