Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Stay-At-Home

Since I've been such a stay-at-home dog lately, I thought I'd show you what this "home" is like.  I'm quite used to it now, including the miniature elevator.













 I'm just thankful I don't have to walk up and down the stairs anymore.  The furniture looks like early flea-market, as does the multitude of unmatched pottery, chipped dishes, and unidentifiable cooking tools.  Mom had to buy a few things such as a water heater for coffee, a French press, and several other items that were either missing or too corroded to use.  The kitchen and living room are all one room with cupboard doors hiding everything including the fridge, dishwasher, micro-wave and ironing board.  One bedroom (mine) has a single bed in it, which means Mom and I are a little crowded, but we've adjusted.  The other one has a daybed in it.  The agency said there were places for three adults to sleep, but the third "bed" is the one you see in the picture - just right for me, but a full-sized person?  So the agency provided an airbed and the third person sleeps on it in the kitchen/living room.
















The rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows that let in a lot of light and face the courtyard which keeps out the street noise.  However, we do have neighbors who have very loud parties about once a week, and so far they haven't invited us.  We have to close the windows on those nights.  Something else that makes noise around here is the bottle recycler.  Not only the one in our courtyard used by the residents, but we are between a restaurant and two caterers who dispose of their empties all at once in a nerve-shattering crash.

There's a little dog who lives upstairs who sometimes comes down and pees on our welcome mat.  It's a Yorkie name Yerkie.  We don't like her much.

The plumbing here isn't bad, except the room the toilet is in has a little sewage smell from ancient pipes, but with the instant hot water heaters they have here, there's always enough hot water which means I never have an excuse for not taking a bath, which seem to be quite frequent.


The "apres-bain" ring around the tub.

















Must have my bunny for the drying process.







Clean, beautiful Patchou!

2 comments:

  1. Patch, we have missed you and were wondering if you and momma were okay. We're glad to see your absence was due to lack of wheels and not another run in with the police - LOL

    Loved the picture of you and your bunny both suffering through the grooming process - LOL

    Hopefully you will get your new wheels soon and will be back to exploring the sights and smells with momma. Maybe you and momma should stay in Paris longer to make up for the time that you were stuck at home due to lack of wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patch, We enjoyed seeing your Paris place. Looks comfy enough, but that elevator could cause some major claustrophobia! Can't believe the neighbors haven't invited a fun guy like you to their parties. Yerkie the Yorkie has probably 'bad mouthed' you to the whole building after peeing on your mat.BOL Teddy and Casey

    ReplyDelete