Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

HOT DOG!


We're back from the Loire Valley!  We did so many things and saw so many things that I can't put it all in one post, so I'm going to write about each day separately.  It was SO PANTINGLY HOT there that the first two days were pretty rough going, but Mom made sure I stayed in the shade as much as possible and kept me hydrated.  But let me start at the beginning.

We took the TGV, France's high speed train, to St. Pierre des Corps, and I got to ride on the seat next to Mom the whole way.  I was very cool about it - you would have thought that I had been riding on trains all my life. I even had my own personal ticket.













We found out the French have a lot of little terms of endearment for their dogs.  The conductor asked how "le tou-tou" was doing today.  He also asked if I was a "pepere" (grandpa) or a "memere" (grandma).  Mom told him I was a "garcon" (boy).

It only took an hour to get to the town where we picked up the car and then came the hard part -  trying to get out of town.  Mom always says driving between towns is never hard because you just have to follow the lines on the map from dot to dot.  It's when you get into the dot that you're not sure where to go to get to where you want to be.  We drove to a town called Villandry with a magnificent chateau by the same name which is renowned for its formal gardens.  Before going to the chateau we needed to fortify ourselves with a good lunch and some wine from the region.  When I say "we," of course, you know who I mean.  I, again, got a fresh drink of water and got acquainted with a little Yorkie who was sitting on his Mom's purse.  Mom had frogs' legs again and the waiter asked, "Do you know what eez?"  Mom assured him she did, indeed, know "what eez" and, moreover, really liked zem.

Aunt Connie (left) and Auntie Sue (right)



















The Yorkie was sitting under the table to the left.  His dad fell asleep after dinner.

After lunch we went to Villandry where it was beastly hot and Mom tried to keep me in the shade as much as possible.  After a brief walk through part of the gardens we cooled off with some water in the shade of a tree.








































































The next thing we did was to cool off the car and then drive to a little town called Mosnes where we stayed at the Chateau des Thomeaux.  Each room had a different name and a different decor.  Ours was called the Bombay room and it was very exotically decorated with outrageously bright colors and Indian furniture.  I was able to jump from chair to bed to bed to chair all the way across the room without touching the floor!

The thing we liked best about this room was that it was AIR-CONDITIONED!


NOTE:  BlogSpot is not very user-friendly, so the rather ragged  DogBlog that you see is not how it was originally created, and the more it's edited the worse it gets...

1 comment:

  1. I love those gardens with the shrubs that are trimmed into designs, although I have to admit it must take forever to keep them in good condition. I have to agree with one of your eairler posts regarding gardeners having job security - LOL

    Stay cool and hopefully when you get back to your apartment the new stroller will have arrived.

    ReplyDelete