Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Heaven...I'm in Heaven...

Today Mom felt well enough to take me out to the park - her favorite park - le jardin du Luxembourg where there's only one outer path where dogs are allowed.  She let me out of the poussette and I was in dog heaven!  There were trees as far as the eye could see!  And they weren't virginal trees, either - they had been visited before.  I wasn't up to the task, however.  After about four trees, I was only going through the motions and had to give it up.



We continued our walk to the other end of the park and on the way we met a Yorkshire terror - I mean terrier.  Like most terriers, he was quite forward and after he had said his petit bonjour and continued to persist I had to tell him to back off.  His mom admonished him by telling hm to stop, il n'est pas en accord!  (He isn't in agreement!)  Mom got into a little conversation with his mom because he had a tail that curved over his back.  She said that unless a dog must be altered because of his pedigree and the breed standard for shows, the law requires that the tail and ears cannot be docked.  Mom had heard this before, but wanted to know if it was true for all European countries, and she said yes, it was.
.
We walked out of the park and Mom took some pictures of the architecture.  On all the buildings there is a plaque or an engraving that tells who the architect was.
































We went back into the park and stopped for a bottle of water at this cute little snack shack where the owner said she had a shih tzu that looked JUST like me!  She went on and on about how alike we were and how smart her dog was.  Mom asked the name of her dog and she said it was "Poochie."  Mom said my name was Patchou!  We thought that was quite a coincidence!


We watched the men playing boules nearby and then went on to another area where chess games were being played.  There must have been a hot game going, because there was quite a crowd around one of the tables.



















Mom took a couple of pictures of the park on our way out which was just in the nick of time - we had to dodge the park police.








2 comments:

  1. Hey Patch, It was great to see you enjoying the park and leaving your mark. I understand about running out of ammunition and lifting your leg just to impress onlookers. It happens to me all the time. Just think about all those pups who come after you and will know you, Patch the American author, was there. Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The architecture is stunning. It reminds me of some of the buildings that reside in Balboa Park in San Diego. One can walk around for hours admiring the work and dedication that the bilders put into making such beautiful buildings.

    You better keep four paws ahead of the park police or else we are going to see a your mug shot photo posted all over the Internet - BOL, BOL

    ReplyDelete