Patch's Past

Bellingham, WA, United States
I'm a shih tzu rescued by my forever mom from a hoarder of dogs when I was about ten years old. I've had a past of abuse by neglect, including a fractured jaw and broken teeth. Now, for the past two years, I've been rescued, rehabilitated and revered. I've had a fitness program, swim therapy, and every kind of supplement imaginable. My arthritis is minimized by weight control, exercise, massage and medication. I am pampered,privileged and petted and now -- I AM GOING TO PARIS.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

What Mom Saw

Are we going?  Can I go? Huh, huh?  Am I going?





 I'm grounded.  No wheels.  I spend much of my day home alone while Mom goes off without me.  She seems to think that a chew-bone will make up for being left behind.  I get very excited when I see the treat she has in her hand, but then when she says the dreaded words, "Bye-bye," my ears drop in disappointment.  She's been riding the bus lately instead of the Metro; she says it's slower, but has fewer stairs and you get to see the city while you travel to your destination.  If you need to transfer, you can use the same ticket again.  Yesterday she went to a museum across town that was the home of the Dutch artist Ary Scheffer, where George Sand was often a guest.  There was also an exhibit of drawings, designs and paintings of gardens of the romantic era that no longer exist.  One in particular was interesting in that a man named Lenoir created a garden on a parcel of land that he owned and collected the ashes of notable people to place in urns or sepulchres in his garden.  He then wrote a book which contained a map of where to find the resting place of these people as guests would stroll around through his garden.  It was even translated into English.

The Scheffer house was lovely and in a verdant setting which enclosed a courtyard and, off to the side, a shaded area with tables and chairs where one could be served tea.


















From the greenhouse to the tea garden.






















THIS AND THAT FROM HERE AND THERE:

The gardens at Musee Carnavalet



Mom decided this gardener enjoys job security.  She is edging the formal hedges by hand, using a string and a stick to keep her work straight and in line.  If you look carefully, you can see that she has finished one outside row and a little bit of the one she's working on.  The rest of this garden and the one in the background remain to be done.






                                            Doing laundry.













The WEDDING is recent enough in Mom's mind that she's still taking note of hats.  Here is a "hat of hats."








Yes, she did take me out to dinner with her at the end of the day, but I didn't get to sit on this banquette.  Not for lack of trying.  Three times.  She was having my favorite - chicken - for dinner, too.  I just wanted to get a little closer...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww Patch, Sorry you are without wheels and have to stay home while your mom sees all those amazing things. Not only are you stuck at home but you are doing the laundry! Hope you get back rolling soon!!!! Teddy and Casey

    ReplyDelete